Tuesday, August 5, 2008

Random Thoughts

"Give all your worries and cares to God, for He cares about what happens to you." 1 Peter 5:7

At times I feel as if I am constantly having to remind myself of these words. Why is it so easy to let my mind fill with thoughts of fear, anxiety and worry? I feel as if I am in a battle. Positive vs. negative. Good vs. evil. Its so easy to allow these negative thoughts invade my mind and yet it is so hard to drive the positive thoughts in. I know that my Heavenly Father wants me to have a full abundant life- His word tells me so. That is why I push on...I push forward and I keep reminding myself of His truth. His truth will set me free. Its not about how I feel- its about what I know. I know he loves me. I know he wants good things for me. i know that he will never leave me or forsake me. I will set my feet upon him (the Rock).

Please excuse my ramblings...sometimes I just need to get it all out so that I can clear my mind of what clouds it. Then the sun will shine again.

I am looking forward to this evening ( I pray it does not storm!) A few of the women from the church are meeting after work to visit a prayer labryinth that a local woman made. I feel like I need this much needed alone time with God. I know I can be with Him anywhere but there is just something about having a focus tool in front of you to get your mind centered and focused on what it should be. I pray that he will bless our time together.

0 comments: