Monday, December 28, 2009

Hard to Believe

I must say that this Christmas was one of the best Christmas's I remember having as an adult. This year we toned everything down to try and focus on the things that really matter. To try and focus on the one true gift in our lives. I did so much better this year...less worry...less stress and to be honest...I am a little disappointed that the celebration is over. Hubby and I made most of our gifts this year and it seemed to be a hit. Now the rest of our family thinks that should be the case from now on.....something homeade instead of stressing about what to buy and how much to spend. It really was a wonderful peaceful Christmas....

Its funny how things start going back to what the world considers normal. Christmas is nothing more than happy memories tucked inside my heart and mind right now. Monday meant back to work and back to reality after a nice long weekend filled with friends and family and lots of fun.
No more Merry Christmas's in passing...no more smiles and holiday hugs. All these seemed to have been replaced with those scurrying around scarfing up the after Christmas sales or exchanging gifts that don't fit or things they will never use. Everyone seems to fall right back into the hustle and bustle of everyday life. Going from one thing to the next..then the next...then the next. Many people are tearing down the seasons decorations and moving on to the next big thing.

I don't want it to end. I don't want the feeling of joy and peace that envelope me at Christmas to end or go away. The good news is it doesn't have to. I can still enjoy the Gift that keeps on giving. He is one thing that won't be boxed up and put away until next year. In fact, I want to unwrap Him again and again...each and every day. Everyday for the rest of this year and everyday of the new year.

Sometimes its hard to believe that God loves me enough to have sent the Ultimate Gift. One that never becomes outdated or broken. Its new everyday...and that is a beautiful thing!

"For God so loved the World that He gave His one and only Son that whosoever believes in Him shall not perish but have everlasting life." John 3:16




0 comments: