Tuesday, November 11, 2008

True Worship

God has commanded us to worship Him. Worship is not determined by atmosphere, style of music or emotion. It comes from a heart that beats to tell God, "You Oh Lord, are worthy" -Lori Poppinga

This quote comes from my November P31 magazine. I must say it caught my eye immediately and I have been reflecting on these words for the past few days. I desire this type of worship in my life. To find the beat that God has placed inside of me, the beat that can only be satisfied by Jesus. Daily life can seem so out of control at times but I know that He desires to give me a peace that surpasses all understanding. No fear, no doubt...just me and my Savior taking each moment as it comes.

Thank you, Lord for the peace you give, for the fear you erase and the love that you hold me with. You Lord, and only you are worthy of my praise!

3 comments:

Unknown said...

Hi Julie--
It's nice to meet a fellow sojourner on the worship journey.
Lori Poppinga
www.lifelovelaughterinalargefamily.blogspot.com

Unknown said...

P.S. I love your photos. They are great!
Lori

Lori said...

P.S. I love your photos. They are great!
Lori