Monday, August 10, 2009

Do you think He's trying to tell me something?

Lately, I have been wrestling with some things. I have been having a hard time giving things over to God.

Why? I don't know...He above anyone can certainly handle the issues I struggle with better than I can.

Other times I think I should be farther along than where I am at in my faith journey. I want to know more, I want to do more and then ....I procrastinate.

Then I struggle to hear God's voice in the midst of my chaos and I wonder is it Him? Or is it my head making something else out of it?

Well, a few months back I had taken on Proverbs 3:5-6 as my "scripture for my season":

Trust in the LORD with all your heart and lean not on your own understanding;
in all your ways acknowledge him, and he will make your paths straight.

Whenever I let my worries get the best of me...I say it to myself to help me get my thinking back on track. So as I was driving home last Thursday...I was saying this to myself and as I said it I looked up and there it was....

a period.

And just as clear as day I heard "Why are you putting a question mark where I put a period?"

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I LOVE His savvy. :o)

Lyla Lindquist said...

I like that. A lot.

You probably figured out a while ago I use the question mark. A lot.

I'm going to remember this one -- not that I'll probably quit asking questions. I live for that. But remembering to let Him drop in the dot when He needs to.

Lyla Lindquist said...

I like that. A lot.

You probably figured out a while ago I use the question mark. A lot.

I'm going to remember this one -- not that I'll probably quit asking questions. I live for that. But remembering to let Him drop in the dot when He needs to.