Wednesday, August 5, 2009

A Wolf in Sheeps Clothing

Isn't it funny how certain things look so good from a distance but when your up close you realize that there is really a bad thing lurking behind a seemingly innocent facade?

Well meet the wolf....
Or ......
"Satan in feathers" as my dear hubby calls him.

This little bugger (well actully he is not so little...) has been trying to dine in our pond the last few days. And I am sad to say that he has gotten a few of our beautiful koi. Some that we have had over 8 years.

You see he is beautiful...but he comes to kill and destroy.

AND

He is pretty smart...hanging out on a neighbors fence to see if we are around......

Then when we least expect it....he comes in for the kill.

However....now he can't figure out what the heck we did to his smorgasboard. Between you and me...we covered it. Now lets see him try to get them!

This guy is a beautiful creature however, he wreaks havoc here at the homestead. He causes panic and confusion...in the fish....and in hubby. Hubby tends to our finned children like his life depends on it. He nurses them back to health when they are sick and heals their wounds when they are hurt.

This reminds me so much of my faith journey. Things look real good at the time.

You know what I mean....

"Oh, I really want to watch that show.....I will do my devotions a little later". A little later comes and goes and guess what? I am too tired and end up falling asleep.

or

"Just this once....it won't hurt to do that. It seems innocent"

Later the panic, the fear, the desperation creeps in. Wondering why you can't handle the everyday. Next thing you know everything that once seemed beautiful has wreaked havoc in your heart and soul.

Wondering....how do you protect the innocence that used to be there? How to protect that which God has given you?

Simple....

You cover yourself in prayer...you cover yourself in His Word and cover yourself in God's love. And just like my hubby tends to his finned children like his life depends on it...God tends to us like His Life depended on it.

oh..thats right..... it did!

"The thief comes only to steal and kill and destroy; I have come that they may have life, and have it to the full." John 10:10

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I so can relate to this.

Danielle said...

Great post, girl! I know what you mean... been there, done that... trying to protect myself from going there again!