Tuesday, January 20, 2009

The gym

I started back to the gym. Let me just say that ugh- its rough. Yesterday was my first day back in 2 weeks and boy, I feel like I am starting all over again. I did not want to overdo it so after 25 minutes on the treadmill- I was outta there. Tonight was a little better than yesterday.... 20 mintues cardio plus strength training. (That's gonna hurt tomorrow!) I feel better after I go to the gym...so why is it sooo hard for me to stay motivated?

Now that I think about it....why is my spiritual life like that sometimes? I feel so much better when I take the time to soak Him up! I need to flex my spiritual muscles more instead of trying to handle everything on my own. Weight lifting takes on a whole new meaning with Jesus. I should be giving my weight to Him instead of holding onto the weight and making myself tired, out of breath and sore. When I give Him the things that weigh me down....He lifts them up and makes me feel so much stronger. Thanks to a bloggy friend that posted a wonderful reminder that that is what we all should be doing!

I think I will go flex some of that spiritual muscle right now!

0 comments: