Friday, January 2, 2009

Excitement

Well, here it is at 4:30 am and I am sitting in the lobby of the Comfort Suites in F. Lauderdale. I am excited and I really can't sleep. This is very strange for me because as my husband will tell you, there isn't a time or place when I can't sleep. I love to sleep-lol. Well I think it is because I am excited and I felt that as I woke at 2 a.m. this morning the Lord was directing me to begin my day in His Word no matter how early it may be. So, here I am, I just finished my reading for today. ( I am doing the challenge Wendy Pope brought to over 1000 people for the New Year).

In todays reading I find myself sad, happy and excited all at the same time. I am sad because I look at the begining verses under Noah and he flood and I see how disappointed the Lord was with his people so many years ago. He was sorry that he ever made them and put them on the earth. How can it be that he is not that disappointed in his people today? Many of the same things happening then are still happening now- only now we have the promise of forgiveness and love and eternal life through Him. Before that though I was struck by what the Lord said to Cain in Genesis 4. Cain so angry with God because Cains sacrifice was not heart felt. His response to Cain..."You will be accepted if you do what is right....But if you refuse to do what is right...then watch out! Sin is crouching at the door, eager to control you. But you must subdue it." Boy did that speak to me this morning. The same words that he spoke to Cain so many years ago - he speaks to us today. We too struggle with right and wrong with pure and unpure thoughts and ways and we must learn to subdue it or it will control us. God wants so much more for our lives and this is what he desires to have a right relationship with us.

He found favor with Noah, though. And He knew that Noah desired to live and serve Him. So he spared Noah and his loved ones. Even back then he was int he business of forgiveness and grace. WOW! How wonderful is that?

I am glad that I didn't just lay in bed thinking of a bunch of things this morning...I got up, came to the lobby and read His Word and I do feel refreshed. I was concerned at first with this challenge of reading through the bible in a year because I don't follow through with a lot of things. I must admit I am afraid of failure but I know that if I keep my eyes on Him he will see me through. This of course was a challenge for the new year and I am away on vacation- (going on a cruise-we board the ship tomorrow afternoon. In my human-ness I wanted to make excuses...like well I probably won't have time...I won't have access to see what others are thinking about this same challenge and coax me along....and the excuses go on and on and on.... but then I said" There is always time and why not start this challenge in the midst of Gods wonderful creation that I have never seen before?" So here I am in awe of the opportunities that He has placed before me in this New Year already.

Thank you , Lord...as always...you know what I need more than I do.....

xo
Julie

0 comments: