Monday, January 19, 2009

I'm Back!

Yep! That's right...I am back. I know its been a while but it has been really hard getting back into the swing of things since we got back from our cruise on January 11th. Our first week back was absolutely brutal. Going back to work, trying to get the house back in order and trying not let the daily grind get the best of me is quite a task it seems.

The trip was amazing and I really feel it was the first time in a long time that I allowed myself to soak up some peace. I stayed on track for the challenge from Wendy Pope which is a great accomplishment for me. I saw some of the most beautiful places that I have ever seen and met some really interesting people. I just didn't want it to end. I came back to work that needed caught up on...laundry that had grown to something short Mount Everest and ....a family member who learned nothing from the consequences of his stealing stint last April. By Wednesday, I just wanted to turn around and go back to the islands!

Then I read today's reading from the challenge. I have it good compared to Job. But even so, Job never took his eyes off of God. That is what I want to do. So, this week that is what I want to do. I want to take my mind and my anxious thoughts off my issues and focus of God. That is a good way to start the new week. Wish me luck!

0 comments: