Wednesday, December 3, 2008

Fun with Family

Last night dear hubby and I got to spend a really nice evening with his brother and wife and two children. It doesn't seem possible that it had been almost two years since we last saw them. They live in N.C. and we are up here in PA. They came up so that we could have an early Christmas together and I must say we really had a great time. Emily and Anna (our nieces) have grown up so fast...we almost didn't recognize them! They are 14 and 12 but they look more like 18 and 16.

We really felt blessed to be able to spend some time with them again. The older I get the more I reflect on how important family is. And that no matter how far apart we live...we are always and forever connected. This has just totally added to the giddyness that I feel during this holiday season. I love to get together with family and friends and to celebrate the true meaning of the holiday. So many years before we allowed ourselves to get caught up in the stressful, oh-my-gosh-lets-just-get-SOMETHING-for them mentality. Not this year...we took a step back and took everything down a notch....and we are so much more at peace for it too!

I pray that all my friends and family have a very stress free, peaceful Christmas- the way it was truly meant to be!

xo
julie

0 comments: