Thursday, December 18, 2008

Life with Bailee and Boo




Meet Bailee and Boo. Please note their apparent calm, obedient demeanor. Remember...some things aren't always what they seem.

It all started about 8 years ago. Hubby and I moved into our house and immediately hubby thought we needed to get a cat. He insisted that we needed one to help chase mice that may come in from the field that borders our property. Yeah..he really looks like a mouser doesn't he? We got Boo from a local shelter. He was already 3 years old. Truth be told...I was always more of a dog person than a cat person but Boo grew on me quickly. Three months later...enter in Bailee. Bailee was also adopted from a local shelter. She was 6 months old and full of herself and lots and lots of energy. Right from the start the two hit it off. That is of course right after Boo told Bailee that HE is the boss not her. Bailee took the news well.

Our first Christmas together as a family, I decided to be like those of our friends and family who actually have real children and decided to send Christmas cards to all our loved ones of our four legged children. The first year worked great. I got a pic of them together longingly staring out the window. Everyone loved it....and so the pressure was on for each year since. I have not come up with a pic I love more than that one...but I cannot send them the same one year after year. Well for the last 7 years hubby and I have ruined countless hours trying to get these two to cooperate with us. Some how they just know when it is Christmas card time and they purposely act like they have never liked each other before.



This was the closest I could get them to each other one year.....and dang nabbit Bailee has red-eye!

As you can see the next year was sooo much better.......However this is how they act with each other normally......







Anyway...after telling Boo to quit eating the tree, and after telling Bailee that she does not have to scold the cat for eating the tree....we have come up with a photo for our 2008 Christmas Card. I wanted to use the one at the top of the page, however.....Hubby says Bailee looks old and his Bailee is never getting old. So I settled for this one.......done at least until next year!.....

Kids.....they drive me nuts (but I couldn't live without 'em!)







2 comments:

Jennifer @ JenniferDukesLee.com said...

Awwwww! That is so cool! What a great post. And I have to tell you: your prayers for my father-in-law mean soooo much. I am humbled by the fact that "strangers" pray. Strangers, but sisters, nonetheless. Thank you!!!

Jennifer Dukes Lee said...

Awwwww! That is so cool! What a great post. And I have to tell you: your prayers for my father-in-law mean soooo much. I am humbled by the fact that "strangers" pray. Strangers, but sisters, nonetheless. Thank you!!!