Wednesday, April 15, 2009

Let the mountains sing

God never fails to amaze me. Just when I think that I have it all figured out- I realize that I don't. Hubby and I spent a long Easter weekend with friends and family upstate at a cabin. I was so looking forward to this weekend for a while. I love our trips to the mountains-God never ceases to amaze me with His handiwork. I was hoping to spend some time alone with Him - and do some much needed catching up. But needless to say...He had other ideas in mind and in the end it worked out to be for the best.

In a cabin filled with almost 30 people its hard to find some quiet alone time with God. I went to my bedroom but the floors and wall are so thin that my thoughts were drowned out by my nephews who were having tons of fun downstairs. I tried to go for a walk by myself to just breathe and think but that was not part of His plan either. My little 4 year old nephew wanted to join me in the worst way- I could not say no. He wanted to spend time with me, just like I wanted to spend time with God. So, we walked. And talked. More walking...more talking and I loved it. We talked about all the different trees and buds that were starting to burst. We talked about how God made them all. "Why did God make them?" he asked. I simply said "Because He loves us so much"

"Jesus loves me!" Jon exclaimed.
"Yes, he sure does!" I replied.

Then we walked back in silence to the cabin. Sure, it wasn't what I thought I needed that morning but it definitely surpassed my expectations.

Then Hubby, Dad and 3 cousins took off that afternoon in search of some waterfalls and what we found made us speechless.

"I don't care what anyone says...there is nothing like looking at Gods handiwork here in the mountains!" Dad said as-a-matter-of -factly.
I couldn't agree with him more!


One thing I know is that you don't have to go certain places to see the God all around you. He is everywhere but some places sure do make the view so much sweeter!


Let the rivers clap their hands,
Let the mountains sing together for joy
Psalm 98:8

0 comments: