Tuesday, April 7, 2009

Springtime...well maybe...

Here in Pennsylvania the weather has been a little unpredictable lately. About 3 weeks ago I was so proud of myself. My father and I had gotten in our garden and got all our "early" crops in. We planted spring onions, sugar peas, lettuce, cabbage, and cauliflower. Well let just say... apparently it was too early (for some unknown reason) because within two weeks of us planting we ended up having a cold spell that lasted for just about a week. Long enough to make my cabbage and cauliflower plants shrivel up into nothing.

Well, nothing stops dad. He calls me last week and tells me that he will be going and getting some more cabbage and cauliflower plants and will plant them the following day while I am work. I come home from work on Friday to find a nicely planted garden bed with beautiful looking plants. And now once again, the cold has decided to return. Tonight Dad came over and we covered our crops and are hoping for the best. He goes on to tell me that he never had problems planting around this time in all his 80 years. I smile and say- it must be me! We giggle and laugh over the changing of the weather and season.

I love spring. I love planting and watching everything come to life. However, I think what I love more is the time I get to spend with my Father during this time of year. He loves to come over to my house and help me tend the garden. I have to be honest...its his garden- I plant one because I know he loves to tend to it. I love that he loves to tend to it. I love the way we work together and the way he tells me this and that needs to be done. He is the epitome of what I think my Heavenly Father is. He loves me....and he loves tending me and my garden. I cherish every moment that we share together. And I thank my Heavenly Father for the gift of my wonderful parents to share these special seasons together.

I look at my earthly Father and see how much he loves me and I am amazed that my heavenly Father loves me more than that. ...

If you, then, though you are evil, know how to give good gifts to your children, how much more will your Father in heaven give good gifts to those who ask him! (Matthew 7)

Thank you Jesus

0 comments: