Wednesday, July 1, 2009

Just Because....

When I was a little girl I remember being so full of questions and my parents having to try and answer those questions to the best of their ability. They were always so patient with me...they still are. Sometimes the answers were very well thought out and explained and at other times it was a simple "Just because, honey".

The older I get the more I realize that more and more of my why questions are answered with "just because". Little by little I am realizing that not everything makes sense in my very very small perspective of things. To some questions I may get real tangible answers but other questions may not be explainable to my human mind. However, the "just because" works to put peace in my heart.

Why has this happened?

"For my thoughts are not your thoughts, neither are your ways my ways," declares the Lord. (Isaiah 55:8)


He whispers to me "just because" so that I give my fears and anxieties over to Him. He tells me that it is not always going to make sense.

But HE does. HE makes perfect sense....and right now, that's all I need to know!



"We live by faith...not by sight!" (2 Corinthians 5:7)

2 comments:

Lyla Lindquist said...

His thoughts...my thoughts...so not the same. This is such a great reminder to me, one who has the deep need to get my hands around the meaning of the thing. Giving in to the not-knowing and trusting Him to know for me. That's big.

Danielle said...

This is so true, girl! And it's something God is working on me with, too.

Praise God He is ever patient with all my questions!