Monday, January 2, 2012

And I love Him....

Its funny how when my one word for this year (Abide) came to my mind, everything since then has just confirmed that that is the word that was meant for me this year.

I slipped out of bed this morning, opened my Jesus Calling devotional and my bible and this is what greeted me:

"Relax in my healing presence. As you spend time with Me, your thoughts tend to jump ahead to todays plans and problems. Bring your mind back to Me for refreshment and renewal. Let the light of My Presence soak into you, as you focus your thoughts on Me. Thus I equip you to face whatever the day brings. This sacrifice of time pleases Me and strengthens you. Do not skimp on our time together. Resist the clamor of tasks waiting to be done. You have chosen what is better and it will not be taken away from you."

Psalm 105:4~ Search for the Lord and for His strength; continually seek Him.

Abide. Remain. Search for the Lord.

My heart swells at the thought that me searching after Him....pleases Him. I go to Him for refreshment...offering nothing. I need His Word in my life for me to breath. And He loves it. When I think about it- its selfish on my part. But He loves it.

In what other relationship on this earth- would that be the case? How is it possible that our relationship with Him can be totally opposite of anything we have ever encountered? Normally we would be accused of being self-centered, too needy. Not with Him.

And I love Him.

4 comments:

Nancythomaswilliamson said...

Hi Julie, I found my way over here by way Getting Down With Jesus and I am so glad. The minute I started reading your post I had a stab to my heart as I had just earlier read "Jesus Calling" and the words for today.....and felt the same way.....He wants us to be with Him and it delights Him...sometimes hard for me to understand but I take it by faith.....Who else wants me at my worst or best and desires to make me light Him....
Amazing but I am so thankful...

I will definitely be back to visit again.....

pastorella said...

Good to see you here, Julie. I love your word of the year. Blessings. Jennifer@Adam's Rib

Julie said...

Thank you Nancy for stopping by! Your welcome anytime, my friend! :)

Julie said...

Long time....no see Jennifer! I missed writing...but I have been quietly reading and slipping into everyone spaces to hear what you all have been saying. Praying you and your family have a very healthy New Year!