Sunday, January 2, 2011

Eat a Live Frog

There's an old saying that says...

"If the first thing you do when you wake up in the morning is eat a live frog, then nothing worse can happen for the rest of the day!"

Truth be told I am a procrastinator and an excuse maker. I am great at making to-do lists to keep me focused on things that I need to get done. That is where many of them stay though...on the list. After the list is made, I begin making a hundred excuses of things that should be done instead. Perhaps I have ADD? Or just a mind that works overtime at keeping me preoccupied with "little foxes" that steal my joy. Either way I am learning (slowly but surely) that I don't need to put off until tomorrow what I can do right now because if I wait long enough...it won't get done tomorrow either.. :)

Its not a resolution because my dear Lord knows just the word resolution makes me want to cringe and run for the hills. But I do want to be intentional about the excuses I make and how to stop and just do the task at hand. I want to eat those live frogs first thing in the morning so I don't have to make an excuse halfway through the day, that I will be too tired to do it when I get home. So, wish me luck on my new "diet"...supposedly frogs taste like chicken... (lol)

One little area that I have been neglecting (not intentionally) is listing those things I am grateful for. I do log them but it has been a while since I have posted them on the blog. That would be my "I'm too busy to blog my blessings but I still have enough time to play Zuma on Facebook" excuses.

I will say though, I in no way think of listing my blessings as a chore.....it is a spirit lifter and a day brightener. So, here is where I get back on track with my Multitude Monday posts:


227. lazy Sunday afternoons

228. morning walks

229. waking to fresh days, fresh starts

230. morning calls to mom and dad to say "I love you"

231. the smell of spring in the beginning of January. Warm days this weekend!

232. water

233. our small church that raised over $1100 to buy water buffalo, flocks of geese ducks and chickens so that a foreign village can learn to sustain themselves.

234. encouragement from friends

235. the chance to make someone else's day brighter

236. that very patient husband of mine


May your days this week be filled with unexpected blessings.


5 comments:

Lindsey V said...

Oh! In a world filled with relationships that people jump in and out of...I LOVE your "very patient husband" thanks....I have one of those too and I am also infinitely blessed!

Michelle DeRusha said...

I am quite the opposite -- I love nothing more than making resolutions. And I'm totally Type A -- I don't have a procrastinating bone in my body. But I drop the ball in a major way when it comes to appreciating daily blessings and grace. I think I may have to start a 1,000 gifts list (and I love the fact that your church raised so much money for a great cause!).

Jennifer said...

I'm the opposite--I fill my days too full and then God has to tell me that some things can wait. I'll remember you when I come in to find a frog stuck to my side door, trying to catch a moth come to the light. :-)

Melanie said...

I love your list and your blog design! It's so welcoming and cheerful!

Blessings!
Melanie

Graceful said...

I am quite the opposite -- I love nothing more than making resolutions. And I'm totally Type A -- I don't have a procrastinating bone in my body. But I drop the ball in a major way when it comes to appreciating daily blessings and grace. I think I may have to start a 1,000 gifts list (and I love the fact that your church raised so much money for a great cause!).